The Databases 6.0 module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to understanding the concept of a database and demonstrating competence in using a database application.
Understanding the structure of a database and being able to carry out common tasks using a standalone database is an important competence for those who deal with large sets of data. The Using Databases module covers the definition of a database and how it is organized, table creation and linking, as well as filters, queries, forms and reports.
|Using the application||
Main learning outcomes
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand what a database is and how it is organised.
- Create a simple database and view the database content in various modes.
- Create a table, define and modify fields, and create relationships between tables. Enter and edit data in a table.
- Use filters and queries to retrieve specific information from a database.
- Create a form to enter, modify, and delete records and data in records.
- Create routine reports and prepare outputs ready for print or electronic distribution.
The detailed syllabus for the Using Databases module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Using Databases module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Using Databases sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you