The Data Analytics module covers the main concepts and skills needed to analyse statistics, prepare data sets, summarise data, and create data visualisations.
As technology is used more and more for everyday activities such as sales, production, logistics, and customer services, organisation are generating large sets of data which can be a valuable resource if evaluated correctly.
This module is suitable for entrepreneurs, managers, or workers who need practical skills in data analysis so that they can deliver business intelligence and insights.
Develop the skills needed to carry out data analysis, including summarisation and visualisation.
|Concepts and statistical analysis||
|Data set preparation||
|Data set summarisation||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to prepare data for statistical analysis. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using spreadsheets and other tools to present data sets in charts or tables, or using visualisation techniques. They will be able to:
- understand the main concepts of data analytics in business
- apply statistical analysis concepts to data sets
- know how to import data into a spreadsheet and prepare it for analysis with cleansing and filtering
- use pivot tables and pivot charts to summarise data sets
- understand data visualisation techniques and tools, and how they are used to create reports and dashboards
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Data Analytics module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you
ICDL Professional modules
ICDL Professional is made up of groups of modules that are tailored for different sectors, covering the core skills that will only become more important over time.
Each module is supported by training materials that cover the syllabus content in a way that is easy to relate to day-to-day tasks and responsibilities within a particular sector.
Modules can be mixed and matched from different sectors to create a unique ICDL Profile. For example, someone working in marketing might take Digital Marketing, Advanced Word Processing, Advanced Presentation, and Image Editing.