The Databases (Advanced) module sets out key database concepts and covers the use of a relational database application to create an advanced database structure and outputs.
The Databases (Advanced) module covers the tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Effective use of these tools to manage and analyse high volumes of data can produce the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
|Tables and relationships||
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of database development and usage.
- Create a relational database using advanced table creation features and complex relationships between tables.
- Design and use queries to create a table, update, delete and append data. Refine queries using wildcards, parameters and calculations.
- Use controls and subforms to enhance forms and improve functionality.
- Create report controls to perform calculations. Create subreports and enhance report presentation.
- Enhance productivity by working with macros and use linking and importing features to integrate data.
The detailed syllabus for the Databases (Advanced) module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Databases (Advanced) module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Databases (Advanced) sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you